This Pulav is very delicious and rich in taste. It is also known as samo ke chawal or moriyo that is very popular during fasting days in India. when we add ghee to it before serving, it becomes even tastier.
- 1 Cup Bhagar/ Samo ka Chawal/ Moriyo
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter/ Ghee
- 2 Green chilies; finely chopped
- 8-10 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ Cup Peanut; Coarsely powdered
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 Tomato; Chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro/ Coriander ; To garnish
- Soak Bhagar in water. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat Ghee in a pan; add Cumin seeds, Curry leaves and Green Chilies. Sauté for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Peanut Powder, Bhaghar, Salt and Red Chili powder. Mix well.
- Add 2 Cups of Water. Mix properly and cover the pan for 10 minutes or till bhagar is done.
- Turn off the heat and add lemon juice.
- Garnish with Freshly chopped Coriander/ Cilantro and serve hot with Curd.