Amritsari fish is one of the most liked fish fry from the city ‘Amritsar’ in Punjab. It is served as an appetizer, whether it is a family gathering, kitty party, cocktail party or a wedding celebration. It is loved by non vegetarian people. It is also a very popular street food which you can get in almost every area of the city.
- 8 fish fillets; Washed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Ginger- Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 Cup Gram Flour
- 1 tsp Carom seeds (Ajwain)
- 1 Egg ; Beaten
- ¾ Cup Yogurt
- 1 tsp Chat masala
- 1 tsp Garam Masala (Optional)
- 1 Onion; Sliced
- Cut fish fillets into 2 inch Cubes.
- Mix Lime juice, Salt, Ginger-Garlic paste and Red Chili powder in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture on fish pieces. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Take gram Flour, Egg and Yogurt in a mixing bowl. Beat to make even paste.
- Add Salt, Chat Masala, Garam Masala(Optional) and Water.
- Dip Marinated Fish pieces in the gram flour mixture for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the fish pieces till golden brown.
- Serve hot with Sliced Onion and lemon wedges.
Click here for the Vaisakhi Special Dishes