Cream of broccoli soup is a soup prepared with broccoli, stock and milk or cream as primary ingredients. Ingredient variations exist, as do vegan versions. This is not a vegan but a vegetarian version as we have used cheese to make it rich.
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 medium Broccoli; Chopped
- 1 yellow Onion; Diced
- 1 Large Potato; Boiled and mashed
- 3 Garlic cloves; Minced
- 2 medium Tomatoes; Diced
- 1 tbsp Green Chili paste
- 3 Cups Vegetable broth
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- ¼ Cup Cheddar cheese
- Steam Broccoli florets until tender and bright green. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Sauté Onions and Garlic for 5 minutes or till golden and translucent.
- Add Tomatoes and cook it for 10-15 minutes. Stir in intervals.
- Blend Tomato mixture, Mashed Potatoes, Green chili paste and Boiled Broccoli to smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste to a deep pan and add Vegetable broth. Boil the soup for 2-3 minutes stirring continuously. Turn off the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Garnish with cheese and Serve hot.
For Top 10 Vegetable Soups Click here