Carrot basil soup is a very lite soup as it has water based ingredients in it. It has no milk or cheese to make it rich. But, of course it is rich in nutrients. I am sure this carrot soup with tangy tomato twist and aroma of fresh basil will please you.
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion; Chopped
- 3-4 Garlic cloves; Minced
- 2 Cups Shredded Carrot
- 2 Cups Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Water
- ¼ Cup Basil; Chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a deep pan on medium heat.
- Add Garlic and onions. Sauté till Onions turn translucent and Garlic is fragrant
- Add Shredded Carrot and Tomatoes. Cover cook the mixture for 20-30 minutes on medium heat, stirring in intervals.
- Turn off the heat and Blend the mixture to smooth paste.
- Add hot water. Mix well and boil for 5 minutes.
- Season with Salt, Black Pepper and Basil. Stir and serve hot.
For Top 10 Vegetable Soups Click here