Chicken lollipop is popular in Indian Chinese cuisine. It is usually served with hot & sweet sauce. It may have variations. It is again a crowd pleasing appetizer which will leave your guests satisfied 😉
It is essentially a chicken winglet, where in the meat is cut loose from the bone end and pushed down creating a lollipop appearance. How to make lollipops with chicken winglet?
This recipe is shared by an experienced home cook Ms. Monika Anand Rathor, who lives in Midland, Michigan.
She says “I am a mother of three kids and they all are big time foodies like their father and always ask for new dishes which make me try new dishes and do little experiments in the kitchen to satisfy their demand. As my kids are in growing phase, I don’t prefer giving them junk or outside food. I try to make everything at home with very simple and easily available ingredients in the kitchen, and they really love it.”
She believes “It’s your love which adds flavors to the food. Everything prepared with love is always tasty”
Let’s appreciate her love theory for awesome food and Enjoy home style Chicken Lollipops.
- 6 Chicken wings; 12 lollipops
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Green chili paste (or to Taste)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Dark soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Green chili sauce
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 large Egg; Beaten
- 1 tsp Oil
- Oil (for Frying)
- 3 Tbsp All Purpose flour (Maida)
- 3 Tbsp Corn flour
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp Red chili powder
- ½ tsp Ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Chat Masala
- Fresh Coriander Leaves / Cilantro; Chopped
- Fresh Mint leaves; Chopped
- A pinch of Orange food color (optional)
- Water ; For moderate consistency batter
- Take chicken lollipops in a mixing bowl. Add Ginger Garlic paste, Green chili paste, salt, Green chili sauce, Dark soya sauce, Egg, Red chili powder and oil.
- Mix well to cover chicken lollipops with the marinade. Let it rest for at least an hour to infuse flavors properly.
- In another bowl, take All purpose flour and Corn flour. Slowly add water in parts and stir to avoid formation of lumps.
*Do not add too much water, we want a moderate consistency of batter for it. It should be more like pancakes batter.
- Now add salt (Be careful in this step, as we have already added it to the marinade), Red Chili powder, Coriander powder, Chat Masala, Ginger Garlic Paste, Coriander leaves, Mint leaves and food color. Mix well and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat enough Oil in a medium size pan for frying.
- Now dip lollipops in the batter and make sure the flesh part is properly coated and slide them in Oil one by one. Make sure you fry 6 in one batch.
- Fry them at medium to low heat for 10-12 minutes and then at medium to high for 2-3 minutes to have a crunchy coating.
*Don’t overcook this. It won’t take more than 15 minutes to cook chicken properly.
- Take out chicken lollipops on kitchen towel and drain excess oil.
- Garnish and Serve hot with your favorite sauce or dip. Enjoy!