Teriyaki is a cooking technique used in Japanese cuisine. Teriyaki is derived from the Japanese root words teri, to shine, and yaki, to broil or grill. There are many variations of Chicken Teriyaki Recipe. It can be cooked in slow cooker or in a pan.
(1 Cup=240 ml)
- 450 Grams / 1 Pound Chicken tenders
- Oil spray
- ½ tsp Rock Salt
- ¾ Cup Pineapple juice
- ¼ Cup soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Garlic (Minced)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (Minced)
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Tomato puree (Optional)
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- Take chicken pieces in a mixing bowl. Spray some oil & rock salt on it. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Ginger, Garlic and Soy sauce. Cover cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add Pineapple juice, Honey, Brown Sugar and Tomato Puree. Cook on low flame for 5 minutes stirring in intervals.
- Take Cornstarch and Water in a bowl. Mix nicely and pour it into the Stir to avoid formation of lumps and let it boil to thicken.
- Add Chicken pieces. Cover cook on heat for 30-40 minutes.
- Garnish with pan roasted Sesame seeds and Green Onions. Serve with steam cooked Rice.
Image Courtesy : thewoksoflife.com