Coconut almond barfi is a classic dessert and simply delicious. Among all sweets, Barfi holds a very special place during festivals.
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- ¼ Cup Almonds; Blanched
- ½ Cup Cane sugar (brown sugar)
- ½ Cup freshly grated Coconut/ Coconut Powder
- ½ Cup Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tsp White Poppy seeds (khus khus)
- 2-3 tbsp Milk
- Heat Ghee in a pan, sauté Almonds, Milk, Poppy Seeds and Coconut Powder/ Grated Coconut on low heat till it is fragrant.
- Add Condensed Milk and Brown Sugar. Mix nicely and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Grease a 9×9 inch pan with Clarified butter. Pour the mixture into the pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Sprinkle some grated coconut over the mixture.
- Keep the pan undisturbed for an hour in refrigerator. Grease a knife and cut into 1 inch squares. Serve.
Click here for Ganesh Chaturthi 2017 Recipes