Chicken cooked in curd gives a unique flavor to the curry. It gives ultimate creamy thick texture and traditional aroma of spices. It is easy and quick to prepare, all it takes is a good marination that can be done overnight. It’s an awesome fusion of curd and black pepper powder. It can be paired with plain steamed rice and Roti/Paratha/Naan. Dahi Chicken can be the best option for those who like light spices and tangy taste.
(1 Cup= 240 ml)
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 medium Onions; Sliced
- 2 Tsp Cumin powder
- 2-3 Green Chilies
- 2 Tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 4 Chicken Breast; Diced
- 3 Cups Curd/ Plain yogurt
- 1 Tsp Red chili flakes
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Black pepper
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves/ Cilantro ; to garnish
- In a mixing bowl, take 1 ½ Cup of Curd, 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste, Cumin Powder, Garam Masala Chili flakes, Salt and Black pepper powder. Whisk to make smooth paste.
- Now add chicken pieces to the marinade and mix to coat the chicken nicely. Cover and refrigerate it for 4 hours or overnight.
- Shake off the extra Curd from the chicken pieces. Reserve the excess marinade.
- Heat oil and fry Chicken pieces till golden brown. Drain excess oil and set aside.
- In the same oil, sauté Onion, Ginger Garlic paste and green chilies till it becomes golden brown.
- Add the reserved marinade, 1 ½ Cup Curd and Turmeric. Cook for 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the fried chicken pieces and cook till oil starts floating on top of the curry.
- Mix well and turn off the flame.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves/ Cilantro and serve hot.