This is a popular rice dish, which is an excellent way to use leftover rice. Good with veggies and favorite type of meat. Although this is a veggie version!!!
(1 Cup = 250 ml)
- 1 Cup Rice
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1tsp Butter
- 1tbsp Fresh Minced Garlic
- ½ Cup Mild cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- ¼ Cup Spring Onion / Green Onion
- ¼ Cup Carrot (thinly Sliced/ Grated)
- ¼ Cup broccoli (Grated)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- Prepare steam cooked Rice. Keep it aside in a plate. Do not cover it, let the steam release.Cold rice is awesome for frying.
- Heat Butter in a pan, make 4 omelets with salt & pepper. Crumble them.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add minced garlic. Sauté till raw aroma disappears.
- Add veggies (Spring onion, carrot & broccoli) and salt. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add Rice, Italian seasoning, chili flakes & Onion powder. Mix nicely.
- Now add crumbled omelets and cheddar cheese. Mix & serve.