Fennel Potato soup is easy to prepare and delicious too. When fennel combines with the Potato it gives a wonderful flavor that is familiar and new all at the same time. It is a comforting bowl of soup, which is exactly what we want in a cool evening. For a vegan version, use coconut cream instead of cheese.
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 large onion; Diced
- 1 medium fennel bulb; Trimmed and Sliced crosswise
- 3-4 Garlic cloves; minced
- 2 large fresh sage leaves; Chopped
- 2 large Sweet potatoes ; Boiled and Mashed
- 4 Cups Vegetable broth
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Chili Flakes to taste
- ½ Cup Parmesan; Grated
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Sauté Onions and Garlic on medium heat till it is fragrant.
- Add Fennel and Sage leaves. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add mashed Potatoes and vegetable broth. Mix well and blend the mixture to smooth puree.
- Bring the mixture to boil on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Season with Salt, Pepper and Chili flakes. Stir well and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with Parmesan and serve hot.
For Top 10 Vegetable Soups Click here