Home Style Indian Chili chicken is a variation of popular Indo-Chinese Fried Spicy dry Chicken. Though it is usually prepared with boneless Chicken, some people recommend using boned chicken too. It has many variations depending upon the region.
This recipe is shared by a Home Cook Ms. Nandadevi Kalahasti, who lives in Sunnyvale, USA.
She Says “Basically I am from South India and a seafood lover as my parents belong to coastal Andhra Pradesh. I have a family full of food lovers. I tried cooking this Chili Chicken for My Sons and My Husband. They just love it like anything, now I prepare this almost every week”
Let’s appreciate her and try this South Indian variation of Chili Chicken.
- 2 Chicken Breast ; Washed and Diced
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric (Optional)
- 1 ½ tsp Chili Chicken Masala
- Salt to taste
- Oil (For Frying)
- 2-3 Green Chilies ;Slit
- 6-7 Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Green Bell Pepper/Capsicum; Roughly Shredded
- 1 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp Chili Sauce
- Onions ;To Garnish
- In a mixing bowl, Marinate chicken pieces with Black Pepper, Ginger-Garlic Paste, Red Chili powder, Turmeric powder (Optional) and Salt.
- Refrigerate marinate mixture for 1-2 hours.
- Add Chili Chicken Masala to the marinate mixture. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, Shallow fry marinated chicken pieces until brown and cooked. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in another pan, add Green chilies and curry leaves. Sauté for a minute.
- Add capsicum and sauté for 2 minutes on high heat.
* Don’t overcook Capsicum; we want it to be little bit crunchy.
- Add fried chicken pieces to the pan, pour Tomato sauce and Chili sauce on it. Mix well.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on it. Garnish with fresh Onions and serve with your choice of salad.