Hummus is a Levantine and Egyptian food dip or spread made from cooked, mashed chickpeas or other beans, blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic.
- 1 cup Sesame
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Boiled chickpeas/ Canned chickpeas
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tsp Black Pepper powder
- ½ tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Smoked paprika (Optional)
- Heat a wide pan. Dry roast sesame seeds till it attain light brown in color.
- Blend roasted sesame seeds. Add Extra Virgin Olive oil and Blend to make a smooth paste.
- Blend chickpeas with Garlic cloves. Add salt, cumin powder and Black Pepper powder.
- Add 1 tbsp Olive oil and lime juice. Blend to make a smooth paste.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp Olive oil. Garnish with smoked paprika and serve.