Keema Samosa is one of the most liked snacks in India and Pakistan. The filling of Keema Samosa is prepared with minced meat flavored with Asian Spices. These are deep fried pastries that tastes so awesome that you can eat it every day without getting bored.
- 2 Cups Minced Goat / Lamb
- 1 large Onion; finely Chopped
- 2 tbsp Garlic; Minced (5-6 Cloves)
- 1 inch Ginger; Minced
- 2 tsp Black Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder/ as per taste
- 4 tsp Coriander powder
- 3 tsp Cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 handful fresh Coriander/ Cilantro leaves; chopped
- 2 tbsp Vegetable / Sunflower Oil
For the Samosa Cover
- 1 pack TYJ Spring Roll Pastry
- ¼ Cup All purpose flour (Maida)
- 2 tbsp Water
- Heat Oil in a pan; add Onions, Garlic and Ginger. Sauté till it turns slightly golden brown.
- Add Salt, Black pepper powder, Red Chili powder, Coriander Powder and Cumin Powder. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add minced lamb and sprinkle water on it. Cover cook for 40-45 minutes on medium heat. Stir occasionally and sprinkle water if the mixture dries too much.
- Sprinkle Chopped Coriander leaves and mix well.
*Do not add too much water. The mixture should not be too moist or too dry.
- Once the water has dried, turn the heat off and add in the chopped coriander. Mix well and Keep aside.
- Moist Pastry Sheets between damp towels.
- Divide each sheet into two rectangular sheets.
- Mix Maida and Water in a small bowl to make thick paste. Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Place the filling at one end and fold it 3-4 times to form triangle. Seal the end with paste.
*Immediately fry samosas. Do not refrigerate it.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. Deep fry Samosas for 10-15 minutes or till it turns golden and crispy.
- Serve hot with Green Chutney. Enjoy!