Mangoes! Again a summer love for all. If you’re craving an exotic yet cozy brunch, these are your best bet! Nothing can beat these delicious Pancakes flavored with Alphonso Mangoes.
This recipe is shared by an experienced and passionate Food Blogger, Mr. Anirban Nag. He loves to explore new cuisines, brings innovation and serves it to his beloved wife.
He says “I love food, love when people call me a gourmand. By profession I’m COO of a private company based out of Udaipur, Rajasthan and love exploring food.”
Recipe Courtesy: A Gourmand’s Diary
Let’s appreciate his way of expressing love to his wife and try this Mangolicious recipe.
For the Pancakes –
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 3 Tbsp of Alphonso Mango Pulp
- Butter as required for frying
For the Sauce
- 1 Cup of Alphonso Mango Pulp
- 1/3 Cup of Honey
- 1/4 Cup of Granulated Light Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Tsp of Cinnamon Powder
- You Choice of Plate
- Few small cubes of Alphonso
- Some Edible Micro greens or buds of Mint
- First, combine all the dry ingredients such as the flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon powder together in a mixing bowl. Mix it well and if required sieve the flour before mixing.
- Now mix them with the wet ingredients. Pour the milk followed by the mango pulp slowly into the mix and form a batter free from any lumps.
- Keep it aside for around 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut small cubes of Alphonso mango and keep it in the refrigerator to firm a bit.
- First, prepare the sauce. Take the mango pulp in a non-stick sauce pan. Mix the sugar and heat on medium flame till it starts boiling. Lower the flame and fold in the honey and the cinnamon powder into it. Stir gently and mix all the ingredients. Simmer it for around 3 – 4 minutes. Take off from the heat and let it cool.
- Time to prepare the pancakes. Heat a non-stick pan or griddle and smear it with butter.
- Use a ladle to pour the batter into the pan.
- Cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes each side. Flip only once when you see little bubbles appearing on the top when the first side is done.
- For plating, put the pancakes on top of each other and place the refrigerated mango cubes aesthetically. Pour the sauce on top and garnish with some edible micro greens or buds of mint.
- Variations can be done by changing the quantity of the mango pulp used in the batter if you like a stronger Mango flavor. Same for the sweetness, adjust the amount of the sugar as per your choice.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the yummy mango pancakes with your loved ones!