Phirni is a very popular north Indian dessert, which is served on auspicious occasions/ festivals. This is a Mango flavored Pudding for mango lovers. You can always bring innovation to the simple phirni with your favorite fruit.
- 2+2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Sweet Mango Puree
- ½ Cup Rice flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3 gm Green cardamom Powder
- 4-5 drops Rose water
- 10-15 Pistachios; Sliced
- Few Strands Saffron
- Bring 2 Cups milk to boil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Dissolve the Rice flour 2 Cups of Cold Milk. Slowly add to warm milk.
- Stir the mixture continuously and cook on low heat till it becomes thick.
- Add Salt, Sugar, Rose water and Cardamom Powder. Mix nicely to dissolve Sugar.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the dessert bowls. Pour equal amount of Mango puree in each bowl.
- Garnish with saffron strands and pistachios. Chill & serve.
Click here for the Vaisakhi Special Dishes