Mango Upside-Down Cake is a treat that will quickly become friends and family favorite. If you love mangoes this cake will definitely satisfy your cravings. Treat yourself with this fruit flavored cake.
This recipe is shared by an experienced and passionate home cook Ms. Deepti Agrawal, who lives in Lucknow, India.
She says “I am 26 years old, working as a professional in MBA HR. I had to work for 7-8hrs work daily which kind of became monotonous as my love for food and quest of looking for places to find good food draw me towards cooking .So, I left my job and went onto trying my hands into cooking and baking. Today I am satisfied serving my family and friends as they love and appreciate it and I love doing it for them.”
Lets appreciate her passion and enjoy this delicious Upside-down fruit cake.
- ½ + ½ Cup Sugar/ Brown Sugar (Divided)
- ¼ Cup + 6 tbsp Butter (Divided)
- 1 ¼ Cup All purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 tbsp Mango Syrup
- Few Mango Slices ;Peeled
*To prepare mango syrup, blend mango slices with ¼ Cup Water and 1 tbsp Sugar. Heat it on low flame to dissolve sugar and Strain.
- Preheat oven at 175 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, take ½ Cup Sugar and ¼ Cup Butter. Mix well.
- Sieve flour in another bowl, add Baking Powder and Salt.
- In another bowl, take ½ Cup Sugar, 6 tbsp Butter, vanilla Essence, Egg, lemon zest and freshly prepared Mango Syrup. Beat until creamy.
- Now add flour to the creamy mixture. Mix well.
- Grease a baking dish and spread the Sugar + Butter mixture (Bowl 1) evenly on it.
- Arrange mango slices on it and gently pour the batter (Bowl 3) on it.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick/knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over.
- Leave pan over cake a few minutes so sugar mixture can drizzle over cake; remove pan.
- Serve warm. Store cake loosely covered.