Moong dal Halwa is a luscious dessert with aroma of Ghee and goodness of lentil that needs no special occasion. People enjoy this dessert mostly in winter season. It is awesome to get freshly prepared hot halwa when it’s cold outside.
(1 Cup=240 ml)
- 1 ½ Cup Moong Dal (Green Split gram); without skin
- ½ Cup Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Cups Milk
- ½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 4-5 Pistachio; sliced
- 5-6 Raisins
- 5-6 Almonds; sliced
- Wash Moong dal properly and soak it for 30 minutes. Drain excess water and Grind to a coarse paste.
- Heat Clarified Butter in a heavy bottomed pan. Sauté Moong dal paste for 10 minutes or till it turns golden brown.
- Add Milk and cook the mixture on low heat stirring continuously for 10 minutes or till milk is dried up. Turn off the heat.
- Add Sugar and Cardamom powder. Stir the mixture to blend all the components properly.
- Transfer Moong Dal Halwa to a bowl. Garnish with dry fruits and serve hot!
Click here for Ganesh Chaturthi 2017 Recipes