Onion cabbage soup is a comfort food that is rich in vitamins and tasty. The idea of adding cabbage to my soup used to terrify me until I made this yummy soup. For vegan version, use vegan cheese or coconut cream.
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves; Minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- 1 small Cabbage; Diced
- 2 medium Onions; Diced
- 1 Tomato; Diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper/ Capsicum; Diced
- 1 tbsp Green Chili Paste
- 3 Cups water
- 1/3 Cup Cheddar Cheese; Shredded
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Scallions to garnish; Chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Arrange diced Onions, Cabbage, Tomato and Bell Pepper on a greased baking tray.
- Spray oil on veggies, Sprinkle salt on it and broil for 5 minutes or till veggies are cooked.
- Blend cooked vegetable to smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil a deep non stick pan. Sauté Garlic and Ginger for a minute on medium heat.
- Pour vegetables paste and water into the pan. Stir continuously for a minute. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Green Chili paste, Black Pepper Powder, Salt, Italian Seasoning and lemon juice. Mix well. Turn off the heat.
- Garnish with Cheddar cheese and Scallions. Serve hot.
Top 10 Vegetable Soups Click here