Pav is very famous and an all time favorite street food in West India. It is loved by people as it can be paired with tasty curries, potato fritters and many more dishes .It is awesome with everything…Just EVERYTHING!
This Recipe is shared by an experienced Food Business woman Ms. Rashmi Manapure Gajjar, who lives in Nagpur, India.
She Says “I am a big time foodie, a passionate cook and home baker who owns ‘Tingling Tastebuds’,a small customized cakes business. Love spicy recipes and desserts.”
Let’s appreciate her efforts and enjoy this Delicious dish from Maharashtra.
- 400 grams All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 2 tbsp dry Yeast or 25 gms fresh yeast
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 3 + 1 tbsp Oil
- Mix sugar in warm water and then add yeast .let it rise for about 10 minutes.
- When you see the yeast mixture bubbling up, add it to flour, salt and 3 tbsp oil. Knead together until you get smooth, slightly sticky dough.
- Apply oil to your palm and knead until the dough springs back when you press with your fingers for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Wrap in cling film and allow rise by keeping in a warm place for about 60 minutes.
*If the weather is hot n humid 40 minutes is sufficient.
- Grease a baking pan or loaf tin with oil.
- Knock down the air in the dough and divide the dough into medium size balls of equal portions.
- Place these balls in a line in the baking tray. Keep some space in between each dough ball.
- Cover and keep aside n allow the rolls to rise for another 30 minutes to rise. Once raised, they will smugly fit into the baking tin.
- In the mean time preheat the oven to 200°C (in convection mode if u have microwave- convection- grill oven)
- Brush the pav with some milk and bake for about 30 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Serve Hot with Misal. Enjoy!
Points to remember:
- You can make these pav with whole wheat flour too.
- The amount of water depends on the type of flour you are using. Use your judgment to get slightly sticky dough that can be controlled when you apply oil. Just remember to add sufficient water. Tough dough will make tough pav.
- Knead the dough properly. Don’t skip the kneading part at all. Sufficient kneading is absolutely necessary while making breads.
- You can add assorted seeds to the dough for flavoring pav.