Peanut Chikki is a very popular sweet dish recipe among Indians; it is made during festivals and special occasions. It is considered good in winter season as it gives heat to the body. It is made using Jaggery and Peanuts. We can use any other type of nuts instead of peanuts, it completely depends on choice.
(1 Cup= 240 ml)
- 1 ½ Cup roasted Peanut halves; Unsalted and skin removed.
- ¾ Cup Jaggery (Gud/Gur); Chopped
- 2 Tsp Clarified Butter(Ghee)
- Heat a thick bottomed pan and melt Jaggery in it stirring continuously on medium heat.
- Lower the Heat and keep stirring continuously for 3 more minutes or till it forms foam and change the color.
- Turn off the heat; add roasted peanuts and Ghee. Quickly mix it stirring continuously.
- Grease a tray with Clarified butter. Pour the mixture and smooth the top with a greased spatula to make 1 inch thick sheet of mixture.
- Cut immediately using a sharp knife (Greased) into equal squares.
- Allow it to cool down to room temperature and store it in an airtight container.
Click here for Ganesh Chaturthi 2017 Recipes