Pumpkin soup is a soup in African cuisine that is loved by almost every pumpkin/ squash lover throughout the world. Core ingredient in this soup is pumpkin puree and it has a lovely flavor of Garlic and Thai curry paste.
- 2 tsp Coconut oil
- 3 Garlic cloves; minced
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 Cups Vegetable broth
- 1 Cup Pumpkin puree
- ½ Cup light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- Salt to taste
- ¼ Cup Cilantro/ Coriander; Finely Chopped
- ¼ Cup Scallions; Finely Chopped
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Sauté Garlic till it is fragrant and golden.
- Add Curry paste and stir well for a minute. Add vegetable broth and stir to dissolve properly.
- Add Pumpkin puree, Coconut Milk, Brown Sugar, lime juice and salt. Whisk to dissolve contents evenly. Cook for 10-15 minutes stirring in intervals.
- Garnish with cilantro and scallions. Serve hot.
Top 10 Vegetable Soups Click here