Quinoa soup sounds really great for a busy day, since quinoa takes short time to get cooked. Apart from being an easily cooking content, Quinoa adds protein, fiber, and a belly filling quality that vegetables fails to do sometimes.
- 2tbsp Oil
- 1 Red Onion; Chopped
- 3-4 Garlic cloves; Minced
- ½ Cup Chickpeas; Soaked and boiled till tender.
- ½ Cup Quinoa
- 1 tsp Green Chili paste
- 1 Medium Tomato; Chopped
- ¼ Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 Cups Vegetable broth
- 9-10 Spinach leaves; Puree
- ½ Cup Coconut Cream
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder (or to taste)
- ½ Cup water
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- Heat oil in a pan, sauté Onions and Garlic till it starts to soften.
- Add mashed Water, Chickpeas and Quinoa to the Mixture. Partially cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or till chickpeas are soft enough to get mashed.
- Add Green Chili Paste, Tomatoes, Spinach puree, Vegetable broth and Coconut cream. Stir to dissolve. Cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add Salt, Black Pepper powder, Italian herb, Tomato Sauce and Vinegar.
For Top 10 Vegetable Soups Click here