Rava Coconut Laddu is a traditional south Indian sweet. This sweet is also popular among people of Maharashtra. This can be made for festivals or any occasion. It is extremely quick and easy to prepare. If available, we can use freshly grated coconut instead of coconut powder to add fresh flavor to laddu(s).
- 2 Cups Coconut Powder
- 1 Cup Semolina (Rava, Sooji)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water/Milk
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 3-4 Saffron Strands
- ½ Cup Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 1 tbsp Cashew nuts ; Chopped
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- Heat a non stick pan, dry roast Semolina for 3-4 minutes on low heat.
- Switch off the heat, add Coconut Powder and mix well.
- Boil water/milk in another deep pan, add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Add cardamom powder and Saffron strands. Mix well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the heat and Keep the sugar syrup to cool down to room temperature.
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan, sauté Cashew nuts till it turns golden. Add semolina-Coconut mixture and Raisins. Mix well and cook for 5-6 minutes stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and knead it using the sugar syrup (Water/Milk +Sugar) prepared earlier.
- Divide the mixture into 20-25 equal parts and shape them to make balls.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.
Click here for Ganesh Chaturthi 2017 Recipes