Red Lentil soup is comforting, simple, and easy to make with the bare minimum of ingredients. This is awesome after a binge day, It makes you feel light and healthy. There is nothing more soothing than sipping on an incredibly nourishing soup loaded with vegetables, lentils, and spices.
- 2 tsp Vegetable oil
- 2 medium Onions; Chopped
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves; Minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- 3- 4 Green Chili paste
- 1 Cup Red lentil; soaked for an hour
- 1 Cup Coconut milk
- 3 Cups Water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Curry Powder/ Garam Masala powder
- 2 tbsp Cilantro; Chopped
- Heat oil in pan. Sauté Onions on medium heat till raw aroma disappears.
- Add water, lentils, Coconut Milk, Green Chili paste and Salt. Bring water to boil. Reduce heat, partially cover it and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp Oil in a pan, sauté Garlic and Ginger paste, Cilantro and Curry Powder/ Garam masala. Cook until fragrant and add to soup.
- Lightly blend the soup with blender or simply mash lentils with a spoon till smooth. Serve hot.
For Top 10 Vegetable Soups Click here