Salsa is a very popular sauce from Mexico. It is often a tomato-based sauce or dip that is a heterogeneous mixture that includes additional ingredients. It has many variations and can be mild to extremely hot.
- 5 large Tomatoes; Peel and remove seeds
- 3 Green chilies
- 1 Cup fresh cilantro/ coriander leaves; Chopped
- ½ Cup Onion ; Chopped
- 2-3 cloves Garlic; Minced
- 2 whole Jalapeno; Sliced (with seeds and membrane)
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- ½ tsp dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Blend Tomatoes, Onion, Cilantro, Garlic, Green Chilies, Jalapeno and Olive oil in a blender. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency of your choice.
- Add Vinegar, Cumin powder, Salt, Sugar, Oregano and Lime juice. Mix well.
- Refrigerate the salsa for at least an hour before serving. It helps to blend all the flavors perfectly in the sauce.
- Serve at room temperature with your favorite snacks.