Sweet saffron rice is made using White rice and Saffron as core ingredients. The beautiful orange color and the fresh aroma of saffron attract even those who say ‘No’ to desserts. Let’s give it a try!
- 2 Cups Basmati rice
- 1 ½ Cups Sugar
- 1 tbsp Clarified Butter(Ghee)
- 3-4 Green cardamoms
- 1 Black cardamom
- 6-7 Cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 7-8 Black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Almonds; Chopped
- 1 tbsp Cashew nuts; Chopped
- 2 Cups fresh Carrot Juice
- 2 Cups Fresh Orange juice
- A pinch Saffron (kesar)
- Wash Basmati rice and drain excess water. Allow the rice to air dry on a paper for 15 minutes.
- Heat Ghee in a cooker. Add Green Cardamom, Black Cardamom, Cloves, Black Peppercorns and Cinnamon stick. Sauté for a minute.
- Add Chopped Dry fruits (Almonds and Cashew Nuts) and Rice. Mix evenly.
- Add Carrot and Orange Juice. Mix nicely.
- Then Add Saffron strands and cover cook till its half done. Stir lightly and cover cook till it is cooked properly.
- Garnish with your favorite dry fruits and serve hot.
Click here for Ganesh Chaturthi 2017 Recipes