A taco is a traditional Mexican dish composed of a corn or wheat tortilla folded or rolled around a filling. You can fill tacos with veggies, meat or dressings you love. It is usually served with topping of freshly prepared salads and guacamole. It can be prepared using leftovers as filling. Taco can definitely hold your any type of craving in it.
- 8 Taco Shells
- 350 Grams Extra-firm tofu
- 1 ½ tbsp dried Oregano
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- ¼ Cup Purple cabbage; Finely shredded
- ¼ Cup Onion; Finely Shredded
- ½ Cup taco seasoning mix
- 1 tomato; Chopped
- ¼ Cup lime Juice
- ¼ Cup Cilantro; Chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Sour cream
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese; Shredded
- Place tofu between paper towels and press to remove excess water. Cut into bite size pieces.
- Take tofu in a mixing bowl. Pour 1 tbsp Olive oil evenly on tofu pieces. Sprinkle Salt, Oregano, Garlic powder and lime juice. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp Oil in a skillet. Toss Purple cabbage and Onions with Black pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add Tofu pieces and Cilantro to the skillet. Sprinkle Taco Seasoning mix and toss again. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the tofu mixture into taco shells. Top the mixture with Tomatoes, Sour cream, Cheese and mayonnaise. Enjoy!
Click here for Top 10 Quick and Easy Appetizer Recipes