Aloo paneer kofta is a delight to those who like koftas and fasting too. 😉 It’s a no onion no garlic recipe that can be made during Navratri.
• 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
• 250 gm Paneer (Cottage Cheese); Grated
• 4 medium Potatoes; Boiled & Mashed
• 4 Tomatoes; Chopped
• 2 tsp Ginger Paste
• 3 Green Chilies
• 1 tsp Red chili powder
• 1 tsp Coriander Powder
• 1 tsp Cumin powder
• Salt to taste
• 1 tsp Lemon juice
• Coriander / Cilantro; finely chopped (To Garnish)
• Blend Tomatoes, Ginger paste and Green Chilies to make a coarse paste. Keep aside.
• Mix boiled Potatoes, Paneer and salt in a bowl. Divide the mixture into 8-10 parts and shape them to balls. Shallow fry the koftas and keep aside.
• Heat oil in a pan; add Tomato + Green chili + Ginger paste. Add a pinch of salt and Sauté for 10 minutes, stir occasionally.
• Add Salt, Red Chili powder, Cumin Powder and Coriander powder. Mix well. Cook for 5 minutes.
• When oil starts separating from the Masala, add 1 cup Water and boil the curry for 5 minutes.
• Turn off the heat and add koftas. Add lemon juice.
• Garnish the curry with freshly chopped Cilantro/ Coriander and serve hot.